Thursday, July 21, 2011

Does this sound like a heart problem?

I am 18 years old, male. I have panic and anxiety attacks, and I have OCD, ADD, and Aspergers syndrome. My father was diagnosed with a floppy valve in the 80's, It creates no symptoms. There is some heart proplems on his side, but it is all from the ones who smoked. I do not smoke or drink. For the past 2 years, I have been getting heart palpitations, and bouts of irregulat heartbeats. I get fatigued easily ( even from getting off my couch) which cause about 10 minutes of rapid heartrate and mild shortness of breath. Once in a great while I will get a dull pain, or a sharp sudden pain on the left side of my chest. Whenever I have gone to my doctor, my blood pressure has been healthy and he has detected no abnormal heart murmors or heart sounds. Please note: I have hiked about 4 mountains the past 2 years and those hikes have not produced any kinds of chest pain or heart palpitations. It mostly happend at rest, and rarely happens during exercise. When it does, i get mild palpitations. I also have severe acid reflux disease, I got it from my mother. Does this sound serious to you? Should I see a cardiologist? If it helps I am 6 feet even.

No comments:

Post a Comment