Friday, July 22, 2011

Dobermans ear cropped aftercare?

I have pits and there ears are cropped also so I know how to is. But to answer your question is they leave the stitches in for the 10 days with nothing on them and then when u go back in they will take out stitiches and then tape them. If your vet is like mine they will keep them taped till they stand. My pits got the ears done at 3 months and we were at the vet every other day getting the ears fixed because sometimes the tape will cut the ear or the dogs pull the stuff off that they use but we stopped taping my dogs ears at 5 months old and the female her right ear to this day (almost 2 years) will not stand the male his ears stand perfect but the vet told me that when u neuter/spay the dog the ears will stand better. Also not sure about the peroxide cause my vet gave me stuff to put on the ears and i didnt have to do anything for them. Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment